2013’s most popular furniture trends
“We’ve taken a look at some of the most popular styles in our stores and beyond, as well as the looks and colors we expect will stay strong this year,” says Brenda Dillon, VP of Merchandising. “Expect to see these furniture trends everywhere — in magazines, online, in model homes, and in our windows, as well.”
Here is a peek at what Ashley expects from consumers in 2013:
• With more homes moving to one central eating area, we’ll see more crossover looks this year — dining sets dressy enough for company, but casual enough for everyday.
• Higher-height tables and bar stools. They’re as popular as ever, especially with clever details like built-in wine storage.
Living Room Trends:
• Sectionals (two-sided and three-sided) are the hottest items. These comfy, crowd-pleasing pieces suit the growing casual approach to living rooms and family-rooms.
• Relaxed design rules. Vintage-casual looks, fewer matched sets, more accent chairs, and linen-like fabrics will all be big this year.
• TV furniture. Comfort is king as people settle in with flat-screen TVs. Power-operated reclining mechanisms, deeper seated sofas and affordable home theater setups will all trend upward.
2013 Bedroom Trends:
• Casual trends. The growing casual trend that’s been taking over homes since 2012 is alive and well in 2013, with traditional and nostalgic rustic references mixing with a love of de-cluttered, urban-style simplicity.
• Two-toning. Today’s trend is getting a lot of attention for its mix of high-gloss surfaces with stained wood finishes.
• Upholstered beds. Ones that don’t match the case pieces will add to this casual, relaxed look.
• King-sized beds. Bigger beds will stay popular, helping replicate the deluxe hotel experience.
• Bedroom entertainment. TVs are in bedrooms to stay.
• White is hot. Look for more white in the bedroom; not just in coastal cottage bedroom styles, but in sleek, modern ones, too.
2013 Accent Trends:
• Accessories are the easiest way to add personality.
• Contrast. Expect accents to be popular, exciting and more affordable than ever.
• A lot of color. Spicier hues, more intriguing patterns and more hand-crafted textures are hot this year.